Work with us
The Muzeo Museum and Cultural Center is a nonprofit organization that engages the community in exploring and celebrating our diverse heritage, culture and arts through creative programming. Muzeo operates Wednesday through Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the general public and on other days/schedules for private events and is composed of two buildings, a courtyard and a plaza.
Muzeo Museum and Cultural Center
Part-time, hourly, non-exempt
Muzeo Museum and Cultural Center is seeking an Administrative Assistant with initiative and problem-solving abilities to support museum programmatic functions, fundraising and outreach activities. Working closely with the Executive Director, this position provides support to the Executive Team on day-to-day operations, planning, scheduling and clerical support for initiatives, policies, and programs that support Muzeo’s overall mission, vision and values.
The Muzeo Museum and Cultural Center engages the community in exploring and celebrating our diverse heritage, culture and arts through creative programming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish best practices for overall efficiency and effectiveness of office communications and exchanges.
- Oversee multiple calendars including scheduling events, programs, tours and rentals to avoid conflicts and ensure timely notifications to staff
- Maintain and create contact lists, databases, and google folders for guest attendance, press contacts, promotions, sponsorship tracking, etc.
- Oversee associate staffing needs and create staffing schedules based on needs and associate availability.
- Work with the public at the Carnegie Reception Desk answering phones, fielding questions and engaging with guests.
- Oversee membership program including maintaining membership database and sending renewal letters out.
- Oversee mail distribution
- Work directly with the Executive Team on projects and public events as needed.
This Administrative Assistant supports the advancement of multiple aspects of the museum’s mission. The position requires flexibility, initiative, and problem-solving ability. The museum team is mission oriented, results driven and community facing. The incumbent must have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, exhibiting grace under pressure. The successful candidate will possess strong written and verbal communications, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. Under supervision, provide administrative, analytical and project support for the museum leadership team and coordinate day-to-day administrative functions to advance the museum’s mission-based activities. Oversee the institution calendar, and coordinate meetings, outreach activities, events, facility rentals and projects for the leadership team. Assist with coordinating logistics for meetings and events with donors, members, other internal and external constituents. Provide project and program support in key areas including: guest relations; communication with museum members, collaborators, contractors and, in certain instances, the Muzeo Board of Directors.
- Experience providing executive level, administrative support for a team of professionals, in a complex, multi-disciplined environment including drafting correspondence and briefings, gathering data, managing calendars, and managing day-to-day activities and communications.
- Experience using various software programs (spreadsheets, databases, presentation platforms, budget tracking, etc.) to accomplish assignments.
- Organizational and time-management skills to achieve timely progress on multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and maintain a high level of quality and attention to detail.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Associate, Guest Services
The Guest Services Associate is a part-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Guest Services Manager for daily functions. This position, however, can be assigned projects and duties that may require them to respond and report back to other members of Muzeo management. The position has four primary focuses—(a) provide a high-quality, service-focused experience for museum visitors, Board members, museum members, officials and other attendees both in person and through phone or email communication, (b) sell tickets and gift shop merchandise in the Main Gallery and Gift Shop respectively; (c) collect attendance information and (d) provide building coverage to ensure a safe environment and oversight of installed art pieces. The Guest Services Associate must be available three of the five operating days of the museum—Wednesday through Sunday.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Provide personal service excellence to all visitors and stay on top of Muzeo content offerings, operational information and other visitor information.
- Work with docents to provide an enhanced experience in the Main Gallery.
- Provide service excellence for visitors through emails and phone; ensure that information requests are handled in a reasonable and timely fashion.
- Sell tickets, individual and groups, through the ticketing system.
- Sell retail offerings from the Gift Shop through the point-of-sale system; communication inventory and information to the Guest Services Manager.
- Use proper cash management procedures and fill out required paperwork daily and timely.
- Ensure proper cash handling and safe guarding of Muzeo monies and visitor credit card information; ensure docents and other non-staff members are not near cash drawers, point-of-sale systems and confidential financial information.
- Book school groups, tour groups and other groups and communicate such bookings immediately to all staff.
- Follow Muzeo’s policies regarding building coverage and front desk etiquette.
- As time allows dependent on visitor flow, work on projects and other work as assigned.
- Follow daily opening and closing procedures.
- Ensure the Gift Shop retains a clean, dust-free shopping environment for visitors.
- As assigned, work at private events, community events, festivals, outreach and other mission-related work.
- Ensure all Muzeo attendance is documented and up to date. Record attendance from daily visitors, festivals, private events and other programs.
- Run payments for private events, programs and other business and provide donors, purchasers and management with receipts and records.
- Assist with the maintaining of an inventory of office supplies necessary to properly function in the operating areas.
- Ensure all Muzeo mail is properly transferred to the Data Administrator on a daily basis.
- Monitor Muzeo email and phone lines each scheduled day and respond in a timely fashion.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings.
- Perform daily gallery walk-throughs and communicate exhibit needs to the Director of Education and Exhibits.
- Be punctual to shifts.
- Work cross-departmentally and with Anaheim Public Library staff as necessary, especially for building maintenance issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong belief in the importance of Muzeo’s mission and its programs.
- Fondness for the role nonprofit organizations play in the community, especially museums and cultural centers.
- An interest in art, history, culture, nonprofits and/or customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees, Board members, City officials and docents.
- Excellent cash handling skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work on projects during low visitor attendance periods.
- Ability assist in private event and program set up by moving tables, chairs and other needed equipment.
- Strong computer skills—familiar with Microsoft Office applications, point-of-sale systems, inventory procedures and internet research.
- Available three out of five museum operating days, Wednesday through Sunday; willingness to work weekends.
- Willingness to work some evenings and non-operating days (Monday, Tuesday) as museum private events and programs dictate.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to safely lift up to 25 lbs.
- Prior work experience in a similar position in a non-profit organization is a plus.
- Knowledge with Quick Books, POS and ticketing software platforms preferred.
This is a part-time position, working 16-24 hours per week.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org