SATURDAY, JULY 10, 2021 | 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Hosted by Dr. DeVera Heard, esteemed guests from the OC section of the National Council of Negro Women will discuss their experiences with some of the artifacts featured in MUZEO’s exhibition, “For All The World To See: Visual Culture and the Struggle for Civil Rights.” These artifacts undoubtedly shaped our visual culture, both reinforcing and defying stereotypes, and ultimately the Civil Rights movement. In addition to discussing their historic relevance, the panelists will explore how visual culture, and these objects specifically, will continue to affect our movement toward a more just and equitable society.
- Joan Durnell Powel, president OC Section NCNW
- Sybella Ferguson Patten, Founder OC Section NCNW
- Janice Macon, Chaplain OC Section NCNW
- Carolyn Coleman, past president OC Section NCNW
- Bea Jones, historian OC Section NCNW
- Melanie Grant, tech wizard OC Section NCNW
Click here to register for this free event or join us on Facebook Live.