April 5, 2019
Celebrate and explore your creativity in support of Water Awareness Month by participating in this year’s 29th Annual 2019 Student Poster Contest.
Anaheim Public Utilities invites all 1st through 12th grade students, attending a public or private school located in Anaheim, to express their creativity and inspire the community to save water.
This year’s contest, themed “Water is Life,” aims to help raise awareness of everyday water usage. Deadline is April 5, 2019.
2 WAYS TO WIN!
Win a trophy and be recognized by Angels Baseball at a pre-game ceremony on the field
Have your artwork featured on Anaheim’s bottled water label
Deadline to Submit: Friday, April 5, 2019
WATER AWARENESS MONTH 2019 STUDENT POSTER CONTEST GUIDELINES
Each of these selection criteria MUST be followed in order for the artwork to qualify for judging by Anaheim. Deadline is Friday, April 5, 2019. ELIGIBILITY AND JUDGING
Students in 1st–12th grade that attend any public or private school located in Anaheim are eligible to submit a poster. There is a limit of one poster per student. Each grade level will be judged separately based on originality, use of color, and appropriateness of the theme and water conservation message. Two posters from each grade level will be selected.
- Artwork must be 12” X 18” or 8.5” x 11” in size and drawn on WHITE poster board or WHITE drawing paper. (Oversized/undersized artwork WILL NOT be eligible)
- 12” x 18” artwork must have AT LEAST a one-inch white or blank border on all four sides.
- Artwork must be drawn HORIZONTALLY. (Vertical artwork will not be eligible.)
- Artwork must depict various water uses and/or wise water use:
a. inside or outside of the home or school;
b. in industries or businesses;
c. in the environment (nature);
d. in agriculture; or
e. in recreation
- “Water is Life” is the overall theme. A “short” water message must be written on the artwork (but, not necessarily the words Water is Life). The fewer words written, the better.
- Words must be spelled correctly! Please remind students, teachers and parents/family members to check spelling and punctuation. Posters with misspelled words will not be selected.
- Bold, bright, brilliant colors show up the best! Students may use the following art media: crayons, markers, pencils, paints, watercolors, chalks, cut paper or fabric.
- Artwork must be ORIGINAL (no traced, trademarked, or copyrighted characters and slogans, i.e. Snoopy, Sponge Bob, Dora the Explorer, etc.) Please, NO repeat ideas of artwork from past years.
- Posters should depict each student’s original work and “truly” be the hands-on work of each student, realistically representing the age, grade and developmental skill level of each student. Teachers and parents should only assist with spelling and punctuation.
- If you feel that any artwork is “questionable” in that regard, please do some background work with the student’s teacher before you submit it to us. Anaheim reserves the right to question or disqualify any artwork that is clearly not the work of the student based on their age and grade level.
- The following information MUST BE TYPED onto a 4X6 card or piece of paper and TAPED to the back (center) of each entry:
* Student’s First & Last Name * Teacher’s Name and Email Address * Student’s Grade Level * School Name & Phone Number * City of Anaheim * School District
HOW TO ENTER
Entries should be carefully mailed or hand-delivered to: (Do not fold or roll the artwork)
City of Anaheim, West Tower Attention: Water Conservation Poster Contest 201 S. Anaheim Blvd., 8th Floor Anaheim, CA 92805
Entries may also be dropped off at MUZEO Museum and Cultural Center at 241 S. Anaheim Blvd, Anaheim. 92805 Hours: Wed – Sun • 10 am – 5 pm
Entries must be postmarked or hand-delivered by Friday, April 5, 2019. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
This organization and its activities are not related to or sponsored by the School District.