This summer, Muzeo is partnering with local nonprofit organizations to present virtual programs and activities that help students and families stay active and engaged during the pandemic. From local history to sports activities, from STEAM lessons to “How to Look at a Photograph,” these virtual programs offer opportunities for families to use their bodies, exercise their creativity, and learn together.
Muzeo has a full complement of virtual activities to dive into this summer, with more on the way! Here are a few to get started:
- Muzeo Museum Virtual Tours on YouTube
- Learn how to look at fine art photographs and try out new techniques with “How to Look at a Photograph” activities
- TrashArt Challenge – make art from everyday objects
- Hear from dynamic local women authors Ivy Pochoda, Rufi Thorpe, and Ava Homa in a panel hosted by Muzeo and Lit Up! OC’s Madde Margarita
- Try out some family-friendly recipes with Muzeo’s resident chef and baker, Maria – new videos will be uploaded throughout the summer
Here are some ideas for pairing activities from our partners:
- Explore the way people lived locally in a narrated walkthrough of Muzeo’s Anaheim History Exhibition and then explore your own home with a DIY Periscope from the Child Creativity Lab.
- Learn how to look at and talk about photographs with Muzeo’s “How to Look at a Photograph” activity, then explore the Anaheim Public Library’s Digital Anaheim Collection of historic photographs. You might even grab a smartphone or camera to take some photos of your own. If you do, be sure to tag Muzeo on Instagram (@muzeo) and/or Facebook (facebook.com/muzeoanaheim) so we can share them too!
- Explore handlettering and calligraphy with a virtual walkthrough of Muzeo’s 2020 Society of Calligraphy exhibition, then use your own handlettering styles to transform rocks into signs of peace and hope with the Child Creativity Lab.
- Grab your family and get outside with The Bucket Game from Kid Healthy and then work together to whip up a quick, easy, and healthy Nut Pie with Muzeo’s resident chef and baker Maria.
- And don’t forget to check out the Friday Challenge Videos from Pure Game – each week there’s a new challenge designed to help you reach your potential and live a full life.
Explore even more resources from our partners below! Have a meaningful, active, and creative summer! And great thanks to The Hive, Anaheim Community Foundation, and the Samueli Foundation for organizing these wonderful resources and activities for Orange County students and families.